Functions should also be saved in Archive Backup

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

fkapnist

Functions should also be saved in Archive Backup

Post by fkapnist »

Neobook's "Archive Backup" saves to a folder all the publication's source files, such as text, images and multimedia. But it should also save the unique functions used by the publication. Sometimes you may use the same function for various publications - with slight modification. If you do not take note of such changes in a function and fail to save a working version of it, your publication may not work. Hmm... Having a clean copy of the desired function in your backup archive can really save the day.

:shock:

dpayer

Re: Functions should also be saved in Archive Backup

Post by dpayer »

It should be possible to embed the function file (a text file with no file extension) in your pub and then extract it and use it. I am not sure about the syntax but I think you'd do a

call "[pubdir]myfunction" "[%1]" "[%2]" etc

referencing the file from the file system.
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
fkapnist

Re: Functions should also be saved in Archive Backup

Post by fkapnist »

dpayer wrote:It should be possible to embed the function file (a text file with no file extension) in your pub and then extract it and use it. I am not sure about the syntax but I think you'd do a

call "[pubdir]myfunction" "[%1]" "[%2]" etc

referencing the file from the file system.

For the time being, I have simply been making manual backups of Functions used by more than one PUb.... FunctionPub1, FunctionPub2... etc... The Archive folders seems like the most logical place for it