Jim Brammer's Neobase problems - help needed !!!

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

dglojnar

Jim Brammer's Neobase problems - help needed !!!

Post by dglojnar »

Hi to all Neobookers !

Well, I have a big problem using Jim Brammer's Neobase wizard & plug-in extension.

I created just a small generic CSV file for playing with some interesting Neobase functions - Export to HTML,WEBsite etc..., using native Neobase .dat file (ordinary text file with some delimiter)
CSV is really simple - 5 fields and, in different file, data for importing to created CSV file.

When I start Neobase wizard for creating PUB, at the end of creating PUB is always message "File not found", but I can't figure what file is missing.
Of course, i filled all required fields.

And, no matter what I do, Import Wizard don't work and I can't populate empty CSV file ?
I'll try everything - different delimiters, different configurations, formats etc.., but no luck:-(
Just don't understand what's going wrong.

Same is with Export to HTML table, Export to Website etc.. - when I fill required fields from wizard, error message appear - Unable to create HTML table / Website...
Also, I was looking for generated code and didn't find anything wrong, but, anyway, I can't open file using ndznNB3_OpenDataFileDlg, and I can't open any different CSV file.

I re-install Neobase and start again with same result - nothing.
Neobase v 3.0.0.0

Mr.Brammer, unfortunatelly, is no longer active on forum, his mail address is inactive, so I can't contact him.

If anyone have experience with Neobase, I'll be very gratefull for some help:-)
Also, any recent contact of Mr.Brammer will be more than welcome:-)

Regards,
dglojnar
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: Jim Brammer's Neobase problems - help needed !!!

Post by Neosoft Support »

NeoBase if pretty old, so that might be part of the problem. You might try sending a private message to forum user rcohen who may have contact info for Jim.
NeoSoft Support
dglojnar

Post by dglojnar »

Thank You Dave !
dglojnar

Post by dglojnar »

Well, I finally contact Mr.Brammer, but, unfortunatelly, he's no more in bussines - he still sell plug-ins, but without any support.

I first thought that comes to OS, but result was the same - Windows XP, Windows 7 32/64 bit, same result, so OS is not an issue.
Then try with different files and flet-files/dbf files - nothing again..

Mr.Brammer suggested that might be problem with UAC, so I first disabled UAC, then enabled with different security level - nothing.

I just can't figure where is a problem :evil: :evil: :evil:

ndznNB3_OpenDataFileDlg won't work at all - no dialog, no mask...
IMPORT won't work with Neobase flat-file (extension DAT), no matter which delimiter is in the file for importing data - but IMPORT work with DBF files,
Any EXPORT function won't work at all - Export to HTML table, Export to WEB page and Export to WEB site.

I'm really nervous about funny plug-in behaviour I can't fix it - needed this funcionality badly .

So, if anyone use Neobase, please HELP !!!

Regards!
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Could you use the NeoBookDBPro plugin instead?
NeoSoft Support
dglojnar

Post by dglojnar »

Of course I can, but Neobase have 3 very nice functions to export tables to nice looking HTML pages / websites.
But,obviously, I need to find another way to export tables to HTML:-)

The problem is my limited knowledge of HTML/JavaScript, so I must found elegant solution:-)

I know that NeobookDBPpro also has the function of exporting to HTML, and I go now to play with:-)

Regards!
dglojnar

Post by dglojnar »

Finally, problem solved :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

What was your solution?
NeoSoft Support
dglojnar

Post by dglojnar »

Friend of mine wrote a parser which export all records from table (DBF, MDB, ACCDB, CSV) and create HTML table with some CSS and JS included.
Now we are testing whole thing, visually is not perfect, but there's a lot of free HTML templates, with really nice looking tables, so we decide which one is good enough and modify for my needs.

Regards!