Preventing the directory from changing

Questions about our File Management and Internet FTP plug-in
shx

Preventing the directory from changing

Post by shx »

Can someone help?

I have the tree portion of the fm file browser turned off.

I am showing the files and folders in a particular directory..

I do not want to allow the use to open a folder and drill down into the folder. How can I prevent this from happening.

I know I could do the DirectoryChanged subroutine to change it back to what it was but the user sees the window changing back and forth , not so nice.

I am sure there must be a way of disabling the click so that the folder should not open and the directory should not change..

Thanks
- Steven
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: Preventing the directory from changing

Post by Neosoft Support »

You can remove folders and show only files by setting the ViewConents property to "FilesOnly". For example:

fmSetFileBrowserProperties "FileList1" "ViewContents=FilesOnly;ShowTree=No"

If you want to show folders, but not allow the user to navigate below a certain point, you can use the fmSetRootDir action.
NeoSoft Support
shx

Post by shx »

If you want to show folders, but not allow the user to navigate below a certain point
This is what I want
you can use the fmSetRootDir action
This will stop the user from navigating to a parent folder, I am looking for something that will not allow the double click to drill down into a folder.

there is a subroutine that captures the double click but it only works when click on a file not a folder
- Steven
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

The only way to prevent someone from opening a sub folder (other than the DirectoryChanged subroutine) is to not show them using the ViewContents=FilesOnly option.
NeoSoft Support