NeoBook 5.7.1 Update Released

Information about NeoBook Updates

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

Thank you for sending the sample publication.

The behavior that you described as working in earlier versions was actually a side effect of a bug. Before version 5.7.1 snapped objects from the master page and the current page did not align correctly. They should have aligned as if they were on the same page which is what now happens in v5.7.1.

In looking at your sample pub in version 5.7.0, I see that the image on page 1 covers the objects on the master page. To create the same effect in version 5.7.1, you just need to hide the master page items for that page - as you already discovered. If you need to control the visibility of the master page items programmatically, you could instead use ShowObject/HideObject to show/hide the container objects on the master page. To have the image appear behind the master page objects, you could set the image as the page's wallpaper background - see Page Properties in the Page menu.
NeoSoft Support
smartmedia

Post by smartmedia »

Neosoft Support wrote:Smartmedia,

You can solve the problem with this simple function:

Code: Select all

{NeoBook Function}
Version=5.70
Language=NeoBook
Param=[%1]|Text|Mathematical equation
Param=[%2]|Number|Decimal places
Param=[%3]|Variable|Variable to store result
{End}
StrReplace "[%1]" "," "" "[%1]" ""
Math "[%1]" "[%2]" "[%3]"
Change the StrReplace line to eliminate your locale's thousands separator. Use this function instead of the built-in Math action whenever you need to work with numbers containing a thousand separator. For example:

Code: Select all

Call "MathEx" "[MyDB.MyTable.Field1]+[MyDB.MyTable.Field2]" "-1" "[Result1]"
Perhaps this solve the problem by 50%. I use DBPro and i want to be able to do math between fields that show exactly the same. The result of that math function will be like this: 200000,34 and not 200.000,34€
I hope you understand the difference, and when you must do 20-30 math with different fields and result is just pain in the ass this procedure.
You can't put a check box in math to follow or not this rule...???

Thanks
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Perhaps this solve the problem by 50%. I use DBPro and i want to be able to do math between fields that show exactly the same. The result of that math function will be like this: 200000,34 and not 200.000,34€
The Math action only removed thousand separators. It never put them back in after performing a calculation. The function above produces the same results as the old Math action.
NeoSoft Support
phenix37

Upgrade problem

Post by phenix37 »

Hello
After formatting the disk.
I installed NeoBook 5.5.4 in Windows 7.
When I perform the update to version 5.6.4a is or to version 5.7.1.
NeoBook tells me that we must buy a license key.
But I have bought NeoBook after February 1, 2008.
My license as of June 2008.
When I installed the updates under XP, I had not had this problem.
What can I do?
thank you

-- Texte original en français --
Bonjour
Après formatage du disque.
Je viens d'installer Neobook 5.5.4 dans Windows 7.
Lorsque j'effectue les mise à jour, soit vers la version 5.6.4a ou vers la version 5.7.1.
Neobook m'indique qu'il faut racheter un clef de licence.
J'ai pourtant acheté Neobook après le 1 février 2008.
Ma licence date de juin 2008.
Lorsque j'avais installé les mises à jour sous XP, je n'avais pas eu ce problème.
Que puis-je faire ?
Merci
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

If you already purchased a license/registration number for v.5.6 or higher then you you do not need to buy anything else. After installing the update patch, just enter your new registration code into the opening screen.

If you're not sure what version you have, please contact us by email at info@neosoftware.com and we can look up your order in our database.
NeoSoft Support
phenix37

Post by phenix37 »

Neosoft Support wrote:If you already purchased a license/registration number for v.5.6 or higher then you you do not need to buy anything else. After installing the update patch, just enter your new registration code into the opening screen.
If you're not sure what version you have, please contact us by email at info@neosoftware.com and we can look up your order in our database.
Thank you for quick response
In the condition of update, I read:
"If you registered NeoBook 5 Before February 1st 2008 then You May Need to purchase a new registration code in order to use version 5.6/5.7 or higher"
As I registered NeoBook after February 1, 2008, normally the updates must be done with the same registration number.
This was in fact very well with Windows XP.
Note: I purchased Neobbok from www.TTPFR.com
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

If you have lost your v5.6/5/7 registration code, you can contact TTP-France and have them look it up in their database.
NeoSoft Support
phenix37

Post by phenix37 »

Shame on me!
I received a new registration number.
I tried to use the number of the version 5.54.
Thank you for your help.
Sorry for the unnecessary messages.
Emporomam

Post by Emporomam »

That might be too much to ask of the RunInRectangle action, but you could try putting the rectangle inside a container object and see if that makes any difference.