File Explorer

Share sample pubs, scripts, etc. with other NeoBook users

Moderator: Neosoft Support

dpayer

File Explorer

Post by dpayer »

I have been working on a project as a core for other projects I'm doing. This is a result of that effort.

This is a File Explorer, a very modest simulation of what the Windows Explorer does with relation to files/folders.

Here is the pub file it requires several Functions . See This post for the File and Folder functions. This pub also uses my Advanced ListBox Functions so you will need it as well. Now for the complicated part: how you save these functions on your system makes a difference. I have put some of these functions in a subfolder on my system and given them a prefix. You can search the code and adapt as needed. Hint: open the pub file in notepad and do a search for the "call" command. Example, in the pub file you will see: Call "VBS-FolderActions\VBS-CopyFolder. This is the same function I list in the other post as the CopyFolder function.

Features:
List folders and files in them
Create/Rename/Move/Copy/Delete folders
Show details about folders
List files / show details
Rename/Move/Copy/Delete files
Actions on multiple files at once (move/copy/delete)

http://iowalink.com/SimpleSoftware/File ... r.orig.exe
Last edited by dpayer on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

That's pretty cool.
NeoSoft Support
dpayer

Re: File Explorer

Post by dpayer »

I did an update to this project which utilizes the new right click functionality of listboxes. This allows an interface more consistent with other Windows applications (example: right click for properties/actions, double click on a file in explorer to execute/launch, etc)

I also added a sorting function and the ability to print the folder the app is focused on.

Pubfile, images, functions zipped into this file

New exe file here

Comments welcome.

David P.
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA