JSON!

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Ferdari

JSON!

Post by Ferdari »

Is the any way to use JSON on Neobook?

Im working with web services and Neobook, but its too dificult for Nebook to understand JSON, so basically im using tricks, Regex and other hacks in order to get JSON Values from the Cloud API's, but sometimes it fails getting some JSON data because its not a real JSON parser.

I think its time for Neobook to integrate Cloud\Web tools, like Json, encoding characters, SSL, TLS, HTTPS, etc etc. i mean Advanced Internet Tools, support for modern data formats etc.

Added to the Wish list, :D
http://www.noten.in
We have Apps!
dpayer

Re: JSON!

Post by dpayer »

Ferdari wrote: I think its time for Neobook to integrate Cloud\Web tools, like Json, encoding characters, SSL, TLS, HTTPS, etc etc. i mean Advanced Internet Tools, support for modern data formats etc.
Tell me, what would you be interested to see in NB's ability to use JSON?

How would you use it in a NB app?
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

Ferdari:
Is the any way to use JSON on Neobook?
1) Are you getting the data (in JSON format) using InternetGet/InternetPost commands ... or via an HTML document inside a WebBrowser object ?

2) Instead of asking for NeoBook commands to parse JSON object's key/value pairs, you can use Javascript's built in JSON parsing capabilities to extract the individual key/value pairs as NeoBook variables.
Ferdari

Post by Ferdari »

Sorry for the late,

Im using JSON from GET requests from an API service, then i need to parse the data in order to work with neobook,

currently im using PHP plugin in neobook to parse the data, it solved the problem.

now im having some problem with the limited workspace of setvar, also it wont work with indentation
http://www.noten.in
We have Apps!
CN_Iceman

Post by CN_Iceman »

You can write the data in a file and then parsing that file looking for data you need.
Greetings/Saludos, Jose.
www.icemansoft.es
bunker

Post by bunker »

Use a TextEntry with var to store [PHP] (in your case) and the code as the content.

Greetings