NeoBook 5.8.0 Update Released

Information about NeoBook Updates

Moderator: Neosoft Support

smartmedia

Re: NeoBook 5.8.0 Update Released

Post by smartmedia »

Hi..

Thanks Dave for the upgrade.
Left and right click action on TEXT not working.
HPW

Post by HPW »

>Left and right click action on TEXT not working.

I can confirm the bug. For me it is only working when I click in the very near of one border.
It seems that ist is only clickable in the setted margins.
Mouse Enter and Mouse leave works as expected

Regards
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

setvar multiline dialog has a bug
open newly created setvar dialog and enter multiline text, do not touch options (CR by default) and press ok
result is broken actions code:
Sorry about that. We'll release a fix later this week in case there are any more issues reported.
Left and right click action on TEXT not working.
When I open Book/Properties/Actions I see action tabs from Startup to Idle event. (The size of the window was in that size that only small space right of Idle event) When I click on the right small scroll button the tabs move one to the left, but no new tab appear. When I click a second time then Subroutines and Resized appears.
I've noticed a small bug when selecting a three key combination as a short cut key. There is no way of telling what key is selected.
Strange. I'll add these to the list.
Trying to install on my windows 8 tablet let the installer hang the first time...
I have no idea. Some PCs will pause at the beginning of the installation when it's setting permissions on a couple of folders, but if you wait a bit it will continue and complete the installation. It's something to do with Windows' security settings.
How does a UPX packed version compared to a non-packed version in load/start speed?
I haven't done any serious tests down to the nano-second, but I didn't detect any noticeable different in load times between the packed and unpacked exes.
No changes to the SDK ?
There were no changes to the plug-in SDK.
Any other new PUB-Keywords other than 'SplashProps' ? (for syntax-highlighting)
The only syntax changes would be the new action commands (SetPageBackground, etc.)
NeoSoft Support
BurninBrainCells

Post by BurninBrainCells »

Useful update, thank you
Leos

Post by Leos »

... there is still life !!!

Thank you.
andybrock

Post by andybrock »

I just installed the update and all but two of my plugins uninstalled - is this expected?

The only two that show now are the editors toolbox and hpwcontrol - all others have gone from the list.

Andy
dec

Post by dec »

Hello,

Maybe you have a copy of the appropiate Windows Registry Keys? If not... maybe you can try to install the previous version again, and, if the plugins appear installed (?) you can make the copy. Anyway,... I do not experiment this when upgrade to the new version. Sorry Andy. :(
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

I just installed the update and all but two of my plugins uninstalled - is this expected?
There isn't anything in the update designed to uninstall plug-ins. We haven't had any other reports of this happening, so it may be something unique to your PC. Are you able to re-install the missing plug-ins?
NeoSoft Support
smartmedia

Post by smartmedia »

Hi Dave,

Since you are going to release a fix upgrade, is possible to add a small but very critical future ?
Ability to add a path from where NB will look for missing photos in objects or buttons in case you have move your pub in different directory.
In my cace now i have installed Windows 7 64bit and when i open a pub all the pictures are not shown. I must again look for them one by one.

Thanks
andybrock

Post by andybrock »

OK. Well no harm done - I just reinstalled them and those that needed registration showed up as registered.

Just in case this happens to anyone else and anything needs tracking down here's what I'm running on: Windows 8 Pro 64bit with Media pack addon.

Andy
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

Smartmedia:

Moving the pub to a different directory doesn't change the path to the images. The images don't show in neobook because the images are no longer in the location the path points to. So if you keep your images in c:\My Pictures, then those images need to be in that folder for them to show. When you upgrade windows, it is important to make a backup of needed folders and restore them once the new OS is installed. I've been in this situation once, and learned my lesson well. I now localize all images I use to the pub folder. That way they are always there when I need them.

I can't see how Dave could do anything to make neobook locate lost images. It only knows what you told it. What I did was right click on objects that were missing graphics and look at the folder neobook expects them to be in. I then recreate those folders/files. Then I localize them all in neobook to the pubdir.
smartmedia

Post by smartmedia »

Hi..

The images are not lost, ocbiusly you didn't understand my point.
Example:
In my previous Windows, Windows XP, NB was installed at
c:\Program Files\Neobook 4\

inside i had create a folder called Pub and i had put all my pubs there in folders.
Also in order to organize better the structure of every project i had different folders for every elements. for example: images - source - documents or what ever

So the final path for a photo inside a button was:

c:\Program Files\Neobook 4\Pub\Folder\images\image.png

Now that i have istalled Window Seven 64 bit the path is
C:\Program Files (x86)\NeoBook 4\Pub\Folder\images\image.png

That of cource make NB not to see the images

I hope you understand that.
Luiz Alfredo

Post by Luiz Alfredo »

Thanks Dave for the update. Contributions will be delivered soon. NeoBook is an excelent tool.
smokinbanger

Post by smokinbanger »

What Wrangler said is correct; when making a backup, Neobook will copy all references files to the backup location as well as create a .pub file that is updated pointing to the newly copied files. HOWEVER, I don't think it will recreate the folder hierarchy that you like to use, I will have to test it out.

And on a side note(my own opinion here); Program Files and Program Files (X86) is usually not a good place to store user files like pubs, images, etc. but only the files that are installed and/or necessary for the program itself to function properly. A few hard knocks have taught me this.
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

I agree with smokinbanger. Program files folder isn't the best place to install neobook. Smartmedia: I think you could solve your problem by installing neobook in C:\Program Files instead of C:\Program Files (x86). You have a choice, and it makes no difference which one you choose. Windows 7 will choose C:\Program Files (x86) by default for non 64bit programs. But I've found that installing in either of these folders can cause problems, such as not retaining unlock codes, and the inability to access some system files. Also, they are now virtual folders. You can see them, but they really aren't there. Windows deals with their contents somewhere else. I would install neobook off the root: c:\Neobook 5. Back it up using that folder and should you ever need to restore, everything is simple.