NeoBook 5.6.4 Update Released

Information about NeoBook Updates

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

NeoBook 5.6.4 Update Released

Post by Neosoft Support »

NeoSoft Corp. has released NeoBook version 5.6.4.

The version 5.6.4 upgrade patch can be downloaded from the following website:

http://www.neosoftware.com/patch.html

Follow the instructions to download and apply the update patch.

NOTE: If you registered NeoBook 5 before February 1st 2008 then you will need to purchase a new registration code in order to use version 5.6 or higher. If you purchased NeoBook 5 after February 1st 2008, then this upgrade is free. Registered users of NeoBook 5.0 through 5.5.4 can purchase a new registration code for $25.

This update contains the following:

Enhancements

-Added an option to Book Properties > Version Info to allow customization of the Vista/Windows 7 manifest included in compiled publications. Most NeoBook authors can safely ignore this feature and simply use the default "As Invoker" setting. Versions of Windows prior to Vista will ignore the manifest. (See the “Book Properties > Global” topic in the help file for more information about this feature.)

-Compiled publications now attempt to detect changes to the default printer made by the Windows Control Panel or other applications. Previously, a change in the default printer would not be recognized until the publication was restarted. (Note to Programmers: Your app should broadcast a WM_SETTINGCHANGE message if you alter the default printer.)

Fixes

-The Archive/Backup command now works correctly. A bizarre glitch in the software we use to “protect” NeoBook from hackers unexpectedly caused this feature to stop working in v5.6.3. Only the English version was affected.

-Corrected two compatibility issues related to Internet Explorer 8. The first caused an error message to appear when closing compiled publications containing embedded HTML content. The second prevented NeoBook from test running ActiveX (PKG) publications (formally known as web browser plug-ins) when IE8 was installed.

-Corrected a problem that prevented NeoBook from running on some Windows 95/98 systems. This was caused by a compatibility issue with the software used to “protect” NeoBook from hackers. This affected NeoBook only and not compiled publications.

-Corrected a problem that prevented Web Browser objects from redrawing properly when snapped to a container.

-The help file’s search feature now works correctly after being inadvertently disabled in the previous update.

Other

-The compiler option “Web Browser Plug-In“ was changed to “ActiveX Control (PKG)” which more accurately reflects the type of application created. Hopefully, this will reduce confusion (and tech support questions) about this feature.
NeoSoft Support
andybrock

Post by andybrock »

The patch on that link still appears to be 5.6.3.

Andy
HPW

Post by HPW »

The patch on that link still appears to be 5.6.3.
I downloaded it successfull (The english nbw564.exe).
Hans-Peter
andybrock

Post by andybrock »

Thanks... was me being an idiot. CTRL-REFRESH on the patch page sorted it out.

Andy (having a duh moment)
phenix37

Post by phenix37 »

Bonsoir,
Quand est-il de la mise à jour en français ?
Pour rappel, mon message concernant le contact que j'ai eu avec TTP France.
Good evening,
When is it the update in french?
For the record, my message about the contact I had with TTP France.
Geo wrote:
NeoSoft Support 1 wrote:Our dealer in France (TTP France) has received a copy of the French version of NeoBook 5.6.3. You can contact them to obtain a copy.
La réponse de TTPF:
La première version de la mise à jour que nous avons reçue comportait un défaut nécessitant une recompilation que NeoSoft nous a promis pour la semaine prochaine.
The answer of TTPF:
The first version of the update that we received had a defect requiring recompilation NeoSoft that we promised for next week.
I have no news from TTPFrance
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

Salut,

La version 5.6.3 FR est disponible chez TTP France depuis quelques semaines, à l'adresse suivante :

http://www.ttpfr.com/web/index.php?a=pa ... 5-u2&qte=0

Contactez TTP France avant d'acheter, car selon la date d'achat de votre dernière version de NeoBook, la mise à jour peut être gratuite.

@+
UltraVox
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Our dealer in France (TTP France) is working on translating some text required for the update and help file. Hopefully, the French 5.6.4 update will be available the first half of June. I apologize for the delay.
NeoSoft Support
Pilou

Post by Pilou »

Bonsoir

Grâce au translate je peux suivre et comprendre les commentaires et les mises à jours.
Merci pour cette mise à jour.

pilou
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Ronny,

We haven't had any other reports of similar problems, so I'm not sure exactly what to recommend. Other customers have been able to install the update under Vista with no problems. It sounds like the Windows utility RegSvr32 can't find the NB5ActiveX.ocx file or can't update the registry. Unfortunately, Microsoft's error messages are notoriously unhelpful.

Here are some suggestions:

1. First make sure there are no other applications running - especially Internet Explorer.

2. Try downloading and installing a fresh copy of version 5.6.4.

3. Run the installation as an Administrator. (Right click on the nbw.exe and select "Run as Administrator".)

4. Uninstall your old version of NeoBook before installing the update.

5. Temporarily turn off any anti-virus scanners or anti-spyware apps that interfere with writing to the registry.
NeoSoft Support
sombra

Post by sombra »

Added an option to Book Properties > Version Info to allow customization of the Vista/Windows 7 manifest included in compiled publications.
Thanks for add such option :)

BTW: is there a type of newsletter or similar for know updates?
If not, it could be a good idea for inform to neobook users about new versions.
I can read English, but... I write like Tarzan. (sorry)
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

We send out email notices about major releases. Currently, the best place to find out about minor updates is this section of the forum.
NeoSoft Support
sombra

Post by sombra »

Hello Dave,
Searching for make a suggestion about add rss to the forum, I found this thread http://www.neosoftware.com/forum/viewto ... hlight=rss (Great! :D )
Now I can add to my Feed reader the next url: http://www.neosoftware.com/forum/rss.php?f=4 for know the new messages in "NeoBook Upgrade News" section :) (note the last chars in url ?f=4). This will be enough for me. I hope that this url help to other users for know neobook updates too.

Regards.
I can read English, but... I write like Tarzan. (sorry)