NFC reader/writer

Using NeoBook to control external hardware and devices.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

DELCO

NFC reader/writer

Post by DELCO »

Hello to all,
Anyone use NEOBOOK with NFC writer/reader ? Any feedback ?
Best records,
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: NFC reader/writer

Post by Neosoft Support »

It looks like it's a proprietary controller for Nintendo game console. Is that right?
NeoSoft Support
DELCO

Post by DELCO »

Nintendo ? I don't know.
What I am talking about is a "reader/writer" item you plug on your USB pc. You can then program cards, or little labels that you can use for access control (for example), labels you can use instead of bar-code...
Regards,
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

DELCO:
Nintendo ? I don't know.
When you Google "NFC writer/reader", you get a lot of results that point to Nintendo's Product offering.
What I am talking about is a "reader/writer" item you plug on your USB pc. You can then program cards, or little labels that you can use for access control (for example), labels you can use instead of bar-code...
Correct me if I am wrong ... but NFC stands for "near field communication" ... where you transfer information between two devices (usually phones) wirelessly ... so where does the USB plug/connection fit into the equation ?

Perhaps you can point to a website/page of a device supplier that you are interested in.
DELCO

Post by DELCO »

Hello Gaev,

"Nintendo ? I don't know." .... I mean that I didn't know that Nintendo use that system.

Some devices exist, called "NFC reader/writer", that you can use with your pc. You can write data on a special label (about same informations you can have on QR-code) and this label can be read by an other reader or by a phone with NFC capabilities.

If you want to have an idea of how it works, let see : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeHGKlQAYqM

Regards
Last edited by DELCO on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
DELCO

Post by DELCO »

My purpose is to create a database (with Neobook and NeoBookDBpro) for a library. One label per book, and a reader plugged to a pc.
DELCO

Post by DELCO »

...Well, it seems nobody use this kind of item. I just wanted to know (before buying it) if it has the same behavior than bar code reader with text entry.
Regards,