receive data from com port

Using NeoBook to control external hardware and devices.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

michi

receive data from com port

Post by michi »

Hi all, I need to use a barcode scanner connected via rs232 in Order to read some barcode. There's a way to receive data and run a subroutine when barcode is received? So publication examine data receive and doing what i want. Thanks in advance
Michi

Started to use Neobook in 2003 when I was 12 to make interactive books. Coders saw me and smiled.
Nowadays I'm still using Neobook to create advanced and powerful softwares. Coders see me and say: «how did you make that?»
ebear

Re: receive data from com port

Post by ebear »

Dear Michi,

Please can you move this question to Neobook and Hardware control. I will publish in a few days an manual how to receive and send data via RS-232.
This will also solve your problem.

Best regards,

Eric
http://www.lunarsoftware.eu - Lunar Software ERP database Development. Manufacturing processes, Document management, QMS, Stock management. Standalone solutions or connected to Helios Orange and other ERP systems.
michi

Post by michi »

Hi Eric, ok. Where's button to move discussion?
Michi

Started to use Neobook in 2003 when I was 12 to make interactive books. Coders saw me and smiled.
Nowadays I'm still using Neobook to create advanced and powerful softwares. Coders see me and say: «how did you make that?»
Cipolla

Post by Cipolla »

Michi, why do you need to read from the port? I am working with barcode readers since years (2d & 3D). Normaly the barcode reader pushes the Code as a string through the keyboard port, so u only need an input field with the focus, to get the code into neobook...
Greetings from Germany
Klaus
michi

Post by michi »

Cipolla, it isn't so easy. Use a barcode reader as Keyboard create different problems. Input field must be focused. Difficult if users use a wireless barcode and many application to work! In past I also use keyboard emulation, but it works for simple reading near pc. An operator that use a wireless device must be able to execute commands also if he isn't at the desk and something else is focused. Reading code can be only a part of big work, so a thing is getting a code in Order to simply store it, a thing is writing a code that can think about operator sequential barcode readings.
Michi

michi

Post by michi »

Another example is an automated machine with a scanner that reads all barcode product input into. Having an input field hasn't sense.
Michi