PFlashAssist Plugin

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

UltraVox

PFlashAssist Plugin

Post by UltraVox »

Hello all,

Can not continue to work with the excellent hpwSimpleGraph plugin for incompatibility reasons (Transparency PNG 32-bits missing), I decided to try other methods. The original discussion was here : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20594
My project is fairly detailed.

I downloaded PFlashAssist plugin (http://www.neosoftware.com/neobook/modu ... =13&lid=94) to measure its capacity to display transparent PNG images, and special effects. The problem is that the PFlashAssist.chm file does not work. It opens, and I can also click on all categories, but they are all empty. There is nothing.

Anyone know why ? Where can I find the operational PFlashAssist.CHM ?

Thank you all.
Gaev

Re: PFlashAssist Plugin

Post by Gaev »

UltraVox:

I am the author of the Help file for PFlashAssist.

I just opened the PFlashAssist.chm file (that was used to upload the plugin package to NeoSoft Resource Center) on my PC( Windows XP) ... if you send me your email address (via a Private Message on this Forum), I can email it to you.

If it does not work as well, perhaps you can tell us what your version of Windows is.

If it works, I will download from the NeoSoft Resource Center and see if there is anything wrong with the uploaded copy.
schmutly

Post by schmutly »

Sorry to jump in here to Ultravox but i just installed this for the first time and it might be what i need :)
Gaev can i ask a few questions?
I am still looking at it but was able to load some png files and use the pfaShowTransformTool and this is
really good. Is there a way to be able to drag/drop those images onto the webbrowser area?
Also..if the webbrowser area contained a line drawn image(no colors), is it able to use the pfaBeginFill to fill areas of that image
and lastly,able to right-click an image and it is able to show menu to turn off the rotate etc?
Sorry if these are answered as still looking at this plugin for the first time and probably will buy this
if those above are solvable..:) I need a kids type play area where they can drag images from folders browsed (not pre-defined
as may have 100s images). Thanks...let me know.
Rob
ps; CHM file works for me and just reading some things now.
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

Rob:

PFlashAssist is a facility to enable "javascript challenged NeoBookers" to exploit the excellent features built within PFlash for JavaScript and NeoBook 2.0 © 2008 by Luis Hernández Peña (http://www.luishp.com) ... as such, it is limited to what the base product offers.

Also, it has been six years since this plugin built by Hans-Peter Wickern of HPWsoft (http://www.hpwsoft.de/) ... so my recollection of all its features is not very fresh :( :) ... hopefully, you have viewed the comprehensive Demo pub which covers the use of all the PFlashAssist commands.
Is there a way to be able to drag/drop those images onto the webbrowser area?

I need a kids type play area where they can drag images from folders browsed (not pre-defined
as may have 100s images).
Not that I know of ... but you might be able to simulate this effect by using other plugins ... perhaps having a transparent NeoBook object over the Browser object ... and have that object capture the co-ordinates of the drop ... and use the captured co-ordinates to invoke one of the PFlashAssist commands ... haven't tried it myself though.

Also, you might consider a dropped file (again detected via another tool) render at top left corner of canvas area ... then let user move/resize/rotate it using facilities built into the base product.
Also..if the webbrowser area contained a line drawn image(no colors), is it able to use the pfaBeginFill to fill areas of that image
pfBeginFill/pfEndFill are used with "shapes" (not images).
and lastly,able to right-click an image and it is able to show menu to turn off the rotate etc?
Since the product was built using Flash, the entire canvas area is controlled by Flash ... hence the right click is not avaialble to the base product (and by extension to this plugin).

Note that Luis Hernández Peña later released an enhanced version of PFlash for JavaScript and NeoBook ... if you are not "javascript challenged", you might look into using it directly.
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

schmutly,

Please, what Windows do you use ?
I'm on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, and I can not read this CHM file.
However, I can read all CHM files of all other plugins.

Thank you for your reply.

EDIT : A friend whom I gave the link to the CHM file, says he can not read either. (My friend use Windows 7 Family Premium 64-bits)
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

Ok Gaev,

I installed Sumatra PDF (http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sum ... er-fr.html) and now I can read the help file.

Thx.
schmutly

Post by schmutly »

Hello,
I'm on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit as well.So not sure why.
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

UltraVox:

Thank you for sharing the information about Sumatra PDF ... other users having similar problems will have a work around.
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

This is normal Gaev.

Please, I got lots of things trying this plugin. Usage is pretty simple, but there is one little thing that I do not get : it is changing the background color.

I tried this :

Code: Select all

pfaSetProperties "WebBrowser1" "Workspace" "pfcolor.black"
and also :

pfaSetProperties "WebBrowser1" "Workspace" "mcColor:0x6495ED"
But the background stay White.

But in fact, what I want to change in black is the background color of origin. From the beginning, the flash background is white. I would like it black or dark. I do not know if it is possible to assign a background color, or if I need to create a giant PFC in black, while all other PFC would be Child (?).

Do you have any idea ?

Ty.
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

Ok I found...

<body style="margin:0px;padding:0px;background-color:#000000">
in the pfa.html file.
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

Gaev,

Could you do a test on the registred version of the plugin, please ? This test will determine if I will buy your product, or not. I can not do this test myself, because unregistered plugin version does not allow it.

First, download this image file :
http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.ph ... u=12841568
Especially, do not change its Dimensions, Size and Filename.

Then, add this codes in your publication, in a button and/or loading the page...
This, at the launch of the page/app (Adapt variable for you...) :

BrowserGoTo "WebBrowser1" "[PubDir]pfa.html"
In a button :

RefreshObject "WebBrowser1"
pfaDefinePFC "WebBrowser1" "CubeMap512x512"
pfaLoadFile "WebBrowser1" "CubeMap512x512" "0" "0" "cubema10.jpg"
pfaSetProperties "WebBrowser1" "CubeMap512x512" "scaleX:.42"
pfaSetProperties "WebBrowser1" "CubeMap512x512" "scaleY:.42"
pfaSaveStageToPNG "WebBrowser1" "[PubDir]FinishedCubeMap512x512.png"
Finally, open the "FinishedCubeMap512x512.png" picture with your favorite image software, and give me the dimensions of the image.

If the dimensions are 2049 x 1537, I bought your plugin ;)
If not, I need to find a method to reduce the image size on the screen (as it decreases the size of a grid), without reducing the real size of the image.

Thank you in advance !
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

UltraVox:
Ok I found...

in the pfa.html file.
Or you can ...

pfaDefinePFC "Browser Name" "PFC Name"
pfaDrawRectangle "Browser_Name" "PFC_Name" "x" "y" "width" "height" "cornerRadius"
pfaBeginFill "Browser_Name" "PFC_Name" "color" "opacity"
pfaEndFill "Browser_Name" "PFC_Name"
... which gives you a lot of (flexible) options ... just specify the width/height to cover the entire canvas area.

For even better "eye candy", you can use ...

pfaBeginGradientFill "Browser_Name" "PFC_Name" "color1,color2" "opacity1,opacity2" "angle" "method" "bWidth,bHeight"
... instead of pfaBeginFill.

I will try out your "test request" later today ... and send resulting file to you for analysis.
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

Gaev,

What happiness ! Thank you !
I learn to use, but for now, this is happiness : PNG transparency is respected... I swim in a dream.

I await your response and/or suggestions, impatiently.

EDIT :
One note: not export to BMP format (to keep all colors created with special effects). You should add ;)
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

UltraVox:

Here are results of my tests ...

1) WebBrowser1 set to 760 x 232 ... FinishedCubeMap512x512.png was saved as 741 x 230

2) WebBrowser1 set to 2049 x 1537 ... FinishedCubeMap512x512.png was saved as 2030 x 1535

3) WebBrowser1 set to 2068 x 1539 ... FinishedCubeMap512x512.png was saved as 2049 x 1537

... so it looks like you need to have a canvas size to accomodate full size of loaded image ... and that there is a margin around the canvas ... so you need to add 19 pixels (wide) and 2 pixels (high) for the margins

If this is acceptable, I can send you the FinishedCubeMap512x512.png file for analysis.
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

Thank you very much Gaev,

I believe you and I do not need the file. I suppose a "momentary" manipulation on the size of the flash (Canvas ?) just before the export, should provide the right image size ? You understand that I work at the pixel... because in a video game, a skybox consists of 6 images to 2048x2048 px each (always in multiples of 2: 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024, 2048x2048, 4096x4096 and up again). If missing a single pixel, it will be immediately, like a huge spot in the sky. :)

Think you can temporarily adaper the "frame size" (Canvas ?), just before to export, to adjust the "frame size" of the image size, to get the right dimensions ?

Thank you for your help, you are great !