Folder in explorer window

Questions about our File Management and Internet FTP plug-in
cp4w

Folder in explorer window

Post by cp4w »

When clicking on a folder in the explorer window is it possible to show an open folder icon instead of leaving the original folder icon?
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

FM/FTP uses the same folder and document icons as Windows Explorer. It's technically possible to replace these icons with something of our own design, but the appearance of the icons varies depending on what version of Windows you're using. The Vista and Windows 7 icons look quite nice.
NeoSoft Support
cp4w

Post by cp4w »

FM/FTP uses the same folder and document icons as Windows Explorer
I am using XP and within xp explorer there are 2 icons for the folder, one in a closed state and one in an open state. In FM/FTP I only see the closed sate icon. It doesn't change even when I click on it.
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

In Vista and Windows 7 there is only one folder icon. All of the folder and file icons are generated by the Windows API. There is no option to request a different icon for an open or closed folder. The only way to accomplish that would be to create our own icons and use those instead, but then we wouldn't be able to display folder icons that were customized by the user or certain applications. I think that the old XP version of Windows Explorer handles this differently than newer versions.
NeoSoft Support