Neobook webBrowser and mouse scroll wheel

Questions and information about creating Internet aware NeoBook applications. Including PHP, HTML, FTP, HTTP, Email, etc.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

fkapnist

Neobook webBrowser and mouse scroll wheel

Post by fkapnist »

I noticed that sometimes (with Win10) before my Neobook webBrowser crashes, the mouse's middle scroll wheel no longer scrolls but zooms in and out instead. When I close Neobook and open another Browser (Firefox, etc.) or another application (Windows Explorer) the zoom function continues to control the scroll wheel. What could be causing this? I have written no such command in my PUB script. How do I disable it?

:?:

Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: Neobook webBrowser and mouse scroll wheel

Post by Neosoft Support »

I really don't know. It could be the mouse driver. Some mice allow you to configure what the scroll wheel does.
NeoSoft Support
fkapnist

Post by fkapnist »

I also found this in my PUB's compiled exe. Maybe from a command line program I am using or some Delphi script?

Magellan MSWHEEL MouseZ MSWHEEL_ROLLMSG MSH_WHEELSUPPORT_MSG MSH_SCROLL_LINES_MSG

Most of my browser crashes are caused by 3rd party widgets on various websites. In fact 1/3 of what is downloaded is the actual site. The other 2/3 are adware, spyware and cookies. These corporations are polluting cyberspace in the same way petroleum is polluting the environment. When a PC processor finally conks out, 2/3 of the damage was done by the cyber polluter$. Sooner or later they will need to be regulated..... Google, Facebook and Twitter currently lead the pack.

:shock:

Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

I also found this in my PUB's compiled exe...
It's difficult to identify things found by looking at an exe with a hex editor. NeoBook does recognize the mouse wheel for scrolling some in some places. The browser's scrolling behavior, however, is entirely outside of NeoBook's control.
Most of my browser crashes are caused by 3rd party widgets on various websites. In fact 1/3 of what is downloaded is the actual site. The other 2/3 are adware, spyware and cookies...
That's what you end up with with the everything should be "free" mentality. The only way most websites can make money is with advertising. When advertisers discover that they've been paying for ads that are mostly viewed by robots, the whole house of cards will collapse.
NeoSoft Support