dbpSetFieldProperties: a problem with DisplayFormat property

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

michi

dbpSetFieldProperties: a problem with DisplayFormat property

Post by michi »

Hi all!

I'm converting a software developed with Neobook that originally use an Access database with a SQL database (Microsoft SQL Server), and I have a p-roblem in dbpSetField Properties.
-
In SQL Table I have a field "Date" type, and NeobookDBPro display that using format like ''2018-11-08', but I need 11/08/2018.

If I set DisplayFormat as dd/mm/yyyy (see picture) it doesn't work. :-(
Display Format doesn't change.

Anyone has an idea?

Thank you so much!

Last edited by michi on Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michi

Started to use Neobook in 2003 when I was 12 to make interactive books. Coders saw me and smiled.
Nowadays I'm still using Neobook to create advanced and powerful softwares. Coders see me and say: «how did you make that?»
Gaev

Re: dbpSetFieldProperties: a problem with DisplayFormat property

Post by Gaev »

Michi:
If I set DisplayFormat as dd/mm/yyyy (see picture) it doesn't work. :-(
Display Format doesn't change.
Does it make a difference if you specify dd/mm/yyyy (instead of dd/MM/yyyy as shown in your image ?
I'm converting a software developed with Neobook that originally use an Access database with a SQL database (Microsoft SQL Server), and I have a p-roblem in dbpSetField Properties.
It is not clear from your posting if you are specifying this for the Access Database or the MS SQL Database; Access Database only supports (US format) of mm/dd/yyyy.

Best to first try this on a (test) SQL Database that is empty to begin with ... then add records to see what it does.
michi

Re: dbpSetFieldProperties: a problem with DisplayFormat property

Post by michi »

Hi Gaev, solved the problem. Tried with dd/mm/yyyy and dd/MM/yyyy without success.
Setting datetime rather than date on sql field, and all will be ok.

Thank anyway!
Michi

Started to use Neobook in 2003 when I was 12 to make interactive books. Coders saw me and smiled.
Nowadays I'm still using Neobook to create advanced and powerful softwares. Coders see me and say: «how did you make that?»