DPPro won't open excel file unless it is already open!!

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Majed

DPPro won't open excel file unless it is already open!!

Post by Majed »

Hi every one. This is my first participation here.

I love NeoBook (although not being updated for long long time), and I love this awesome community, where every one likes to help everyone.

I'm building an application where it must first get the data from excel file, then it do its stuff. I've tried to open .xls files with NeoBookDBPro, but after multiple errors and tries, I found that the only way to open an excel file with DPPro is when the file is already open in the background! otherwise it won't open. This is unwanted situation where the connection to the data source should always be transparent in the background.

Any solution for this please?

Thanks in advance.
Gaev

Re: DPPro won't open excel file unless it is already open!!

Post by Gaev »

Majed:

1) Is there any access restriction associated with the file in question ? ... try and use a file with access to all users.

2) Post your code (dbpOpendatabase etc.) ... and the error result being received.
dpayer

Post by dpayer »

You can make ODBC connections to Excel files and access them on demand from that point using DBP.
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
Majed

Post by Majed »

Thank you all for your help

I tried to get screenshot of the error message but my company has applied a "Whitelisting" system where all exe files are blocked unless authorized.

This caused me to request authorisation every time I generate an .exe file. What a bad luck. This will make my development with Neobook a nightmare. :(

Side question: Does NBDB Pro support network multi-user db applications? or I have to do some modifications to make it so?

Thanks again for your great help and support.
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

Majed:
I tried to get screenshot of the error message but my company has applied a "Whitelisting" system where all exe files are blocked unless authorized.
Why can't you just write it down (on paper) ... and then type it in here ?

Or take a snapshot with your smart phone ... upload it to some public cloud space (Microsoft, Google etc.) and then link to it from here.