Help with stamps.

General questions about using NeoPaint

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Artie

Help with stamps.

Post by Artie »

I tried to bring all my old ver 4.7c stamps over to ver 5.3.0 by simply copying them to the new folder. They copy ok, and the names show up, but only a very few are visible and actually work. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why some do and others don't. Any ideas? Do I need to convert the old ones from .st to .stw?
Artie

Re: Help with stamps.

Post by Artie »

I just accidentally discovered something odd. I tried changing the extensions of two of the stamps that didn't work to .stw. One started working and the other didn't. But here's the oddity. All the stamps that don't work have a strange corrupted file-size. (Not file size, but image dimensions.)

Dang. Is there some way to upload an image from my computer?

The stamps that don't work, all have the exact same image dimensions: (4442993 x 65103992) Actual file size is ok.
Also, what is the actual image type of the stamps? None show up in my ACDSee image software.
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

I think the v4 stamps were TIFF files. They should work with v5, but it's possible that really old ones don't.
NeoSoft Support
Artie

Post by Artie »

So, is there some way to convert the old to the newer type? I have a lot of custom made symbols that I don't want to lose. As an alternative, is there some way I could download the old NeoPaint 4.7c, and then open the old stamps there?
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

You can download v4.7 for the time being here: http://www.neosoftware.com/software/npw4.exe
NeoSoft Support