NeobookPDF

Plug-ins and utilities of interest to NeoBook authors

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Skarabäus

NeobookPDF

Post by Skarabäus »

Dear Neosoft team,
dear Neobookers,

i would like to encourage you developing further the plugin NeobookPDF.
It should be aim to take the functionalities of Adobe reader to connection with the functionalities of Neobook.
Through this neobook user can develop very interesting projects.
Example:
- company database (neobookdbpro) with interactive map (neobookPDF)

Unfortunately, i am not a Neobook developer to develop such a
neobook-plugin on my own.

Further ideas and remarks to this topic are welcome.

Best regards, Skarabäus.
Skarabäus
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

I agree. The pdf plugin could use some more interaction. However, I think it would require considerable work on Dave's part, and to be able to create pdf's, probably additional licensing.

As the plugin is currently free as a reader, a Pro version should be considered. A comparison like media player built into neobook, and NeoDX, or Neodbf and NeoDB Pro.

There is a lot of power in pdf, and it is an internationally accepted standard for document transfer. If access to all it's features was made available, I think I would use it more. Then, if you were displaying an article object, the user would have the option to print it to pdf. Good for custom applications relating to business. Or use it as a previewing mechanism, where the pdf is created, and displayed in the pdf reader plug for review. Then deleted after use.

Another example would to be able to scan documents into pdf. I know there is a twain plug out there, but haven't used it. A good, stable twain plug would be good to add to the toolbox.

And lastly, I would also like to see these offered by NeoSoft. Both plugs would be critical enough that continued support and stability are important. And they would need to be full featured.

There ya go. That's my thoughts on it. Anyone else got any ideas?
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

Thanks for the input. I agree that some type of professional PDF plug-in would be nice. We're currently committed to several other projects so updating the PDF plug-in is not something that we'll be able to tackle in the near future. However, I will certainly add it to our future wish list. In the mean time, maybe HPW or Techmedia will come up with something.
NeoSoft Support
HPW

Post by HPW »

....the PDF plug-in ....
Here are a lot of themes mixed up.
What mean 'the PDF plugin'.
We now have a viewer plugin, which is a wrapper around adobe's ActixeX.
Not sure if the current PDF-ActiveX has some features which are not supported by the current PDF-Plugin.
So maybe some room for improvment.

A complete different plugin would be a PDF creator.
The are some libs around, but it is definatly not an easy task.
David has posted here some stuff:

http://www.neosoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15610
http://libharu.sourceforge.net/
Haru is a free, cross platform, open-sourced software library for generating PDF.
A wrapper around such a lib maybe possible.
There are also native delphi libs without additional DLL's.

Any export-option for core-objects in neobook will be work for neosoft to develop.

And we have the big new theme with Flash, where also a lot of wishes exists.
It is also a competitor to PDF (both adobe) so things could be done in both technologies.
Since the most of us have limited resources to spend, it is hard to decide what to learn/support.

PS: The existing of free delphi versions has not forced a massiv appearance of new plugin developers for neobook.
(Neither freeware nor commercial)

And since Techmedia has changed his business modell, you have to ask Alberto by mail for a plugin or custom development.
Hans-Peter
smartmedia

Post by smartmedia »

Hi..

I want to use NeobookPDF 1.1d but when i use the command pdfOpen "C:\1.pdf" "Rectangle1" for example i get an error message that file is not exist. I have installed Acrobat Reader 10.1.1.33 in my Windows Vista SP2.

any ideas why is not working..???
Does any one has the same problem...???

Thanks
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

Did you try this:

pdfOpen "!C:\1.pdf" "Rectangle1"
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
smartmedia

Post by smartmedia »

Hi..

Yes, that solve the problem. thanks Wrangler.