Soccer anybody?

Software of interest to NeoBook users

Moderator: Neosoft Support

AlfB

Soccer anybody?

Post by AlfB »

hi out there in the rest of Europe and elsewhere.

right in time for the European Soccer Championships (and the European Elections ???) which begin tomorrow in Portugal, I developped a little NB-program to follow the tournament, enter and calculate the results, know more about the teams and the host country and and and.

And what is best: it's absolutely free. only drawback: its about 4.5MB, so (if you are using a modem) takes quite a while to download.

Hope it helps you getting more interested in (French) soccer.

Greetings from the south of France

ALF

The download link: http://alf.bogner.free.fr/euro2004

(Edited by AlfB at 4:47 pm on June 11, 2004)

(Edited by AlfB at 4:47 pm on June 11, 2004)
Alberto Meyer

Soccer anybody?

Post by Alberto Meyer »

I´m brazillian, so i like soccer (football) very much. Your app is cool. I liked the graphics of the shirts and the teams. Only one thing: I put a wrong value in the score table and was not able to correct it.
Cheers.
Leos

Soccer anybody?

Post by Leos »

Very nice work, AlfB.
Good luck to your France, and obviously to my Portugal :-)
AlfB

Soccer anybody?

Post by AlfB »

hi Alberto,

you are right, this is sort of a glitch... but when you restart the program and then go to the group(s) again, you can reenter the results as you wish.

BTW it is even possible with the new rules that a team is excluded from the tournament even if it has won, whenever their fans behave like hooligans. so you have to change the results in that case when restarting...

but I'll try to correct this in the next update

thx for trying

ALF
domino

Soccer anybody?

Post by domino »

Great Fun...... I like the National Anthem Feature

We're looking forward to meeting the French Team again in the final, the first match was just a bit of practice for us .... Perhaps we'll get it right next time.
AlfB

Soccer anybody?

Post by AlfB »

@Leos: fortunately Portugal made it yesterday, so we all are looking forward to some sort of final sunday between Portugal and Spain. as you can see, Greece is not as bad as that.

@domino: you are probably right, next time it won't happen to score double in the last two minutes (but I must admit, it happens again and again, a match lasts 90 minutes net)

@Alberto: seems to be interesting to watch the European teams struggle when you are not European. but there are some brazilian players: Kurialy from Germany has a brazilian mother, and Anderson Luis de Souza = Deco plays for Portugal...

@all: unfortunaltely my motherboard went the day before yesterday, so I'm not able to do updates for the instant (writing this on a mac)

ALF
Alberto Meyer

Soccer anybody?

Post by Alberto Meyer »

I like soccer, but I´m not watching the Euro 2004. Just pick up the results. I like Portugal, because this people are some kind of brothers, etc, but mainly for the Brazillian Coach, Scollari. I don´t like him to much, but we win the last World Cup with him, so...

Soccer in Europe is more based on body contact,  the players run to everyplace of the field, more tatics. etc. Here in South America, the target is the player habilities and improvisation. Both methods have pros and 'contras'.

That´s what i Think.

My team is Fluminense - team of Romario, Edmundo, Roger (great player, not make much success in Portugal, but here, he´s great) - Anyone heard about Fluminense ?
AlfB

Soccer anybody?

Post by AlfB »

hi again, soccer-fans all over the world,

just got finished final version of @Bc.EURO2004 which corrects one main bug concerning wrong semifinals in version 0.99 and including some minor cosmetics. though the whole setup-file 1.00 is now about 4.7 MB, the upgrade is just 107 kB. so it's worth trying.

the link is http://alf.bogner.free.fr/euro2004 , where I added a link to the official (and excellent)  webpage of Uefa Euro 2004. some of my graphics within the program come from there... you can find lots of additional information there.

@Leos: well done, Portugal... ;O)
@Alberto: sorry for the sometimes very body-oriented matches, esp. by the German team (I hope the referees will start sanctioning wrestling in the penalty area as the rules say)
@domino: England got a pretty good rookie as their goalgetter!!!

greetings from France (they don't play well at the moment - too old)

ALF

(Edited by AlfB at 7:27 am on June 21, 2004)

(Edited by AlfB at 7:28 am on June 21, 2004)
domino

Soccer anybody?

Post by domino »

Thanks for the update ALF... installed and ready in anticipation of us (England) beating or at least drawing with Croatia later.....

Owen is not in good form and we have a couple of yellow cards to worry about (Rooney in particular)...   Fingers crossed...

Good luck to everyone..

(France V England in the final is my prediction... )
Alberto Meyer

Soccer anybody?

Post by Alberto Meyer »

France X England.

I would like to watch it.

Cheers
AlfB

Soccer anybody?

Post by AlfB »

hi all,

sorry guys, but no more way to watch France-England... Anyway it was a terrific match, congratulations Leos.

just put the newest (and final?) version of @Bc.EURO2004 online, same link. There you will also find an update program for all former versions.

Most important improvements:
- photos from the locations included (thanx Leos)
- formerly entered results and calculated group positions stay for next use...

Feel free to test, and for all who can watch: enjoy the matches

ALF
Alberto Meyer

Soccer anybody?

Post by Alberto Meyer »

hmmm, the greeks will broke some plates today... :D
domino

Soccer anybody?

Post by domino »

Thanks for the latest update... Well done to Portugal.. quite a match but neither side deserved to lose!....

I hate penalty shootouts.

I`m a neutral observer now.. so let the team that plays the best football win... :-)
AlfB

Soccer anybody?

Post by AlfB »

yes, the greek played really well (joker is anywhere???). but i insist to say, the french team is too old and too "rich" (too much publicity as already in 2002 world championships). so I'm not sure the greek will advance to the final.

ALF
Alberto Meyer

Soccer anybody?

Post by Alberto Meyer »

When France was World Champion, in 1998, they suffer to beat Paraguai in Quarter Finals. The golden gold save the France in that game. Zidane only play well on the final, against Brasil, who was shocked about the problem with Ronaldo in Hotel (all thge players saw Ronaldo in convultions, etc). But France play well in that competition and deserve the championship. From there, the France Team suffer what Brasil always suffer: when another team plays against you, they play like a world champion final, if you understand what I mean, because beat a Team like France, Brasil, England, German and (aarghhhhhh Argentina), always give a great publicity for that team.

Cheers  

PS: the coach of my team here, was a former player/coach of PSG: Ricardo Gomes. Ricardo Gomes starts his career im my team, so, it´s a return to the origin. :)

(Edited by Alberto Meyer at 6:33 am on June 26, 2004)