Soccer anybody?

Software of interest to NeoBook users

Moderator: Neosoft Support

AlfB

Soccer anybody?

Post by AlfB »

hi Alberto,
it's "normal" that whe you want to get champion whatsoever, you also need some luck. nevertheless, even if France would have won yesterday, they have no more the same team spirit as in 1998. the coach has changed, and as I have been coach at olympic level myself in 1992 and 1996 I know that the charisma of a coach is very important (about 30 % of success, see the german greek coach Rehhagel). but there is one other important aspect, and thats maybe similar to what we do in writing almost non-profit computer software:  if you have too many "merits", you are not hungry, when you know what I mean. we in Europe can afford good living without the need to be the best in sports. lots of brazilian players (as long as they play in their country) need sport to be more achknowledged than the average people. in Europe you can create a similar feeling only for a certain time. when you get a "star" you don't feel the same as before, and you are not ready to "fight" as before.

ALF
Alberto Meyer

Soccer anybody?

Post by Alberto Meyer »

Agree. The last updated of your software is very nice. Thank you.
domino

Soccer anybody?

Post by domino »

Alf...

I meant to post this before but forgot in all the excitement...

Our UK major commercial TV Channel ITV were offering a free (but sponsored) Tournament Companion for download. It was about as much use as a chocolate teapot.... your application was much better.

It's another two years until the next tournament so why not consider getting in early and offering yours to the TV or Radio perhaps...

Just a thought.

Dave

PS... Well done Greece. A big wake up call for the rest of us.
AlfB

Soccer anybody?

Post by AlfB »

hi Dave,
thx for giving me and other NB users good inspiration like that one. Yes, it's really worth thinking about and offering it (adapted for world championships in Germany) i.e. to computer journals IN TIME. thing is, there has to be paid attention to copyright laws concerning graphics used, which in my case when you give it away for a gimmick, didn't play too much...
Other point: there will be a new Windows till then, so let's hope for a well adapted downward compatible Neobook in that case...

BTW in testing my program and entering dummy results I found a website which offered a 200 euro webpage creator for the best three entries, and got finally the third place. isn't that funny???

ALF
domino

Soccer anybody?

Post by domino »

I take all your points about copyright etc.. it needs a good sponsor to do this sort of thing I suppose....

Well done for the prize.. I`m sure there are many people in this forum that would be very happy to take 200 Euros to produce a Webpage creator with NeoBook.. :-)