Email

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Chefman

Email

Post by Chefman »

I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere, but I'm having trouble setting up an email link in my publication. I have a hyperlink set up, your basic, 'you can email me here', kind of thing. But when I use the action, it brings up a box for the person to type in their email server. Is there a way just to bring up their own email account to use? I just want them to be able to send me an email with questions, comments etc and I want to make it as easy for the non computer smart people to use. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but is there a way around this?

thank you!
dpayer

Re: Email

Post by dpayer »

Create a webbrowser object that is off the page.

Insert the following code into the place you want to launch the email from:

Code: Select all

BrowserGoTo "WebBrowser1" "mailto:info@neosoftware.com?subject=Hello from the forum&body=I learned how to populate an email in NeoBook!"
Adjust as needed.

David P.
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

You can also do this with the InternetLink action. For example:

InternetLink "mailto:info@youremail.com?subject=Hello from the forum&body=I learned how to populate an email in NeoBook!"

This will open a new email in the user's default email program.

The SendMail action requires a valid mail server in order to work. You can use your email server, account and password, but this can be a security risk. Another option is to use a simple php mail script on your server and call it from NeoBook.
NeoSoft Support
Chefman

Post by Chefman »

Thank you for your help everyone. :) It's much appreciated.
Dixan

Post by Dixan »

Hello guys,
I tried to use this, when I pushed button it was ok but I closed the e-mail and tried to open it again and not work, I have to close the aplication and open it again to use the e-mail button.
Dix@n
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

Which of these commands isn't working for you?
NeoSoft Support
Dixan

Post by Dixan »

The commands works perfectly the problem is one I push the button send mail If I push it again no open the mail page and when I change the page and return again to the main page the mail page open automatically, but I solved using (BrowserHome "NavegadorWeb1") at the end of hte command. Thanks
Dix@n
Siegmar

Post by Siegmar »

Neosoft Support wrote:You can also do this with the InternetLink action. For example:

InternetLink "mailto:info@youremail.com?subject=Hello from the forum&body=I learned how to populate an email in NeoBook!"

This will open a new email in the user's default email program.
Is it possible to insert a carriage return within the body string? I failed with checking out some tags ... :(
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

Siegmar:
Is it possible to insert a carriage return within the body string?
Assuming that you are successful in sending a simple message like ...

... you can try using the NeoBook's Special Codes for Carriage Return [#13] and/or Line Feed [#10] ...

InternetLink "mailto:info@youremail.com?subject=Hello from the forum&body=I learned how to populate an email in NeoBook![#13][#10]Even text with new lines !!!"
N.B: If you want to simulate new paragraph, just use ...

[#13][#10][#13][#10]
... i.e. two "new line" codes.
Siegmar

Post by Siegmar »

Thx Gaev,

unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I am using Thunderbird. Even HTML-Code doesnt work.

And Yes. Sending message is successful. Also variables are shown pretty well.
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

Siegmar:
I am using Thunderbird.
I don't have Thunderbird ... and I read that web based email clients like gmail.com, outlook.com, yahoo.com etc. no longer support this command ... so my suggestions are "untested/unproven" :-(
Sending message is successful. Also variables are shown pretty well.
So, using tip from here ... https://stackoverflow.com/questions/103 ... s/10356432 ... try ...

InternetLink "!mailto:info@youremail.com?subject=Hello from the forum&body=I learned how to populate an email in NeoBook!%0D%0AEven text with new lines !!!"
Note: I placed ! in front of "mailto:" in order to make sure NeoBook does not do some kind of math on the % signs.

Also, you can try it first by using this url in your Browser ... and see if Thunderbird understands it ... then, you can try it from your pub.
Siegmar

Post by Siegmar »

Thanks Gaev! You rock! It works! :P